Stretchy wraps are available in different sizes. Each brand has its own sizing, so it would be convenient to know what size stretchy wrap suits you best.
- Boba Wrap is a ‘one size fits all’ stretchy wrap that measures of 5.0 meters.
- ByKay Original & Design stretchy wraps have 3 different sized: 4.1m (S), 4.6m (M) and 5.5m (L) meter.
- ByKay Essential is a ‘one size fits all’ stretchy wrap that measures of 5.0 meters.
- Tricot Slen measures 5.6m, making it a ‘one size fits most’ stretchy wrap. This stretchy wrap is quite long, so for people with smaller clothing sizes it will be too long.
- VipCarrier is a ‘one size fits all’ stretchy wrap that measures of 5.0 meters.
Slings & Things tips:
Do you and your partner both wish to carry your baby? Then go for the size that suits the person who needs a larger size best, provided there is no huge difference in sizes. A longer wrap can be tied around your waist, that can even add extra support. If your sling is too short, you can’t tie it off, which is of course, not recommended.
Are you planning to carry your baby while seated? An option is to chose a slightly longer wrap so that you can tie it off on your belly. This way you are not bothered by long tails or an unpleasant knot on your back. In the case of a ‘one size fits all’ sling, the ‘smaller’ dress sizes already have relatively longer tails, so a longer wrap wouldn’t be necessary.
What stretchy wrap size do I need? Please have a look at the sizing charts of the stretchy wrap brands below.
* Are you a size 36 or 38 (EU) and you wish to have some extra fabric? Choose a size M, allowing you to tie off on your belly for more comfort while you are seated. A size S would definitely fit you, but we strongly recommend you to make sure you tighten the stretchy wrap firmly.